Seal in…or Seal out
When installed for sealing, the materials in Aztec’s Master Seal® washer compress against either a flexible or inflexible surface to permanently seal in or seal out any environment, natural or industrial. Facing materials are engineered to provide optimal resistance to weathering from ozone, ultraviolet light and chemical agents.Aztec’s unique Master Seal® products are designed to provide a permanent seal in a wide variety of applications, including:
- Metal roofs and siding where the expansion and contraction of metal require a permanent resilient seal
- Dishwashers - To avoid leaksMarine - Structural and electronic
- Air filters - Dust control
- Automotive - Air cleaner assemblies, engine block heaters, emission control equipment, body sealingOther useful applications include:Small and large appliances, vacuum cleaners and refrigerators
- Heating ventilation/air conditioning (HVAC) equipment
- Silos, tanks, bins and other vessels for liquids and solids
- Exhaust systems
- Panel and enclosures
- Environmentally controlled areas
- Quality elastomerics, meeting the need for elasticity, memory, temperature extremes, chemical, ozone and sunlight-resistance.
- Conical design directs flow of facing materials to form a seal conforming to both fastener and sealing surface.
- Full-face design cushions fragile surfaces and minimizes vibration.
- Inside diameter sizes from -1/4” to 3”and corresponding metric range.
- Choice of many backing materials.
- Choice of various colors and finishes.
- Choice of various facing materials.
Cushoning and Vibration Control
Fourty years of proven experience in testing and retesting compounded formulas have led to the perfection of Aztec’s Master Seal® washers. Our washers possess extraordinary elasticity and memory when cushioning and vibration control are needed.As the washer is compressed and fastened against a substrate, the facing material serves as a permanent cushion. This feature protects the substrate from installation damage (spinning fastener and/or torque) and from vibration damage.When used for cushioning, Master Seal® washers are especially effective on glass, plastic, fiberglass, porcelain and painted surfaces. The cushioning effect eliminates scratching, crazing, chipping and other surface damage.
Master Seal® washers solve a variety of problems in numerous applications, including:
- Archery - Protects sensitive bow sights.
- Motorcycles - Protects fairings and components.
- Noise Control - Electromechanical automotive devices and motor mounts for compressors and other equipment.
- Fragile surfaces - Where crazing, cracking and chipping are problems. Other applications include:
- Metal construction buildings
- Glass and mirror installations
- Architectural pan
|A - ALUMINUM
||A - 10 Gauge
||A - .031" (.8MM) EPDM BLACK
||A - OVAL INSIDE DIA.
|B - BRASS
||B - 12 Gauge
||B - SEE PRINT
|C - COPPER
||C - 14 Gauge
||C - .065" (1.7MM) EPDM GREY
||C - CLEARD ID -SEE PRINT
|D - SILICONE BRONZE
||D - 16 Gauge
||D - .065" (1.7MM) EPDM BLACK CONDUCTIVE
||D - SADDLE WASHER
||E - 18 Gauge
||E - .065" (1.7MM) EPDM BLACK
||F - 22 Gauge
||F - 076" (2MM) EPDM GREY
||F - FLOW - CONE
|G - GALVANIZED STL
||G - 24 Gauge
||G - .076" (2MM) EPDM BLACK
||G - 20 DUROMETER
||H - 26 Gauge
||H - .100" (2.5MM) EPDM CONDUCTIVE
||H - 30 DUROMETER
||I - .114" (3MM) EPDM GREY
||I - 40 DUROMETER
||J - 20 Gauge
||J - .114" (3MM) EPDM BLACK
||J - 50 DUROMETER
||K - .130" (3.3MM) EPDM BLACK
||K - 60 DUROMETER
||L - .036" MIN
||L - .152" (4MM) EPDM GREY
||L - LIKO WASHER
|M - MONEL
||M - .041" MIN
||N - .065" (1.7MM) NEOPRENE BLACK
||O - .040"THICK
||O - ASBESTOS SUBSTITUTE
||O - OVAL OUTSIDE DIA.
||P - .062" THICK
||P - PLAIN STEEL - NO RUBBER
||P - #4/6
||Q - SPECIAL MATERIAL
||Q - #6/8
||R - .125" THICK
||R - .065" (1.7MM) WHITE BUTYL
||R - #8/10
|S - STAINLESS STL TYPE 304
||S - .076" (2MM) SILICONE RED
||S - #10/12
|T - STAINLESS STL TYPE 316
||T - .040"(1MM) NEOPRENE BLACK
||T - #12/14
||U - .065" (1.7MM) NEOPRENE WHITE
||U - #10/14
||V - .076"(2MM) VITON (BLACK OR BROWN)
||V - #8/12
||W - .090" (2.3MM) NEOPRENE BLACK
||X - .130" (3.3MM) NEOPRENE BLACK
||X - STANDARD
||Y - .188" (1.7MM) NEOPRENE -PER-MIL-SPEC
|Z - ZINC -A-LUME
||Z - .188" (4.8MM) NEOPRENE FOAM BLACK
||Z - PUNCH OUT